If you are interested in Stardew Valley, you need to get familiar with the stardew valley catfish. While it is not a very common fish to be found in Stardew Valley, it can be found if you know where to look for it.
This fish can only be located in specific locations during specific weather conditions but once caught, it proves to be a very good resource in the quests.
If you are a newcomer to this game, read below to know more about the catfish and how you can catch it to win rewards.
Where to Catch Catfish in Stardew Valley
To find a catch in stardew valley is not very usual unless you know exactly where to look for them and when. Here are a few places where you can catch catfish in starred valley-
You can find this fish in the river in Pelican Town and Cindersap Forest
It can be caught in the Secret Woods in the summer, as well as in spring and Fall during the rains. It can also be caught there during the winters if a Rain Totem is used.
You can catch it in the Witch’s swamp during the summer as well as spring. It can also be found in the Riverland Farm or Hill Top farm during the rainy weather.
How to Catch Catfish in Stardew Valley?
Once you have successfully found the fish, the next step is to actually catch them. In order to do that first you need to know that all the fish in starred valley have a hidden difficulty rating which decides the quickness of movement of that fish and the difficulty to keep that fish swimming in the fishing minigame. The catfish in Stardew Valley have an above-average rating but you can catch it a little easily since it uses a basic movement pattern.
In order to successfully catch these, first you need to make sure that you have leveled up your game’s fishing skill by catching simpler fish first.
Second, make sure that your Bait and Tackle are the right ones. This can either slow down or fasten your fishing. Use Traps Bobber, Cork Bobber, and Barbed Hook to bait your fish. If you have the Iridium Rod, only then you are able to use Tackle.
What Are Catfish Used For In Stardew Valley?
Catching Catfish serves many purposes in Stardew Valley. Here are some uses of Catfish listed below-
- Gifting– you can use the Catfish as a gift for Willy to strengthen your relationship standing with him. You can also sell it to earn some money.
- Bundles– catfish are also needed in the fish tank as River Fish Bundle.
- Recipes– catfish can be used as a resource in various recipes such as Maki Roll and Sashimi. It can also be used to make a good quality fertilizer which will increase your chances of growing good crops with better soil quality.
- Tailoring– You can also tailor yourself a cute shirt by putting the catfish into the spool of the Sewing Machine. Doing this will get you a cute shirt with a fish design on it and you can dye the shirt in a variety of colors.
- Fish Pond– you can place some catfish in the fish pond where they will be able to reproduce every 4 days. You can also increase the capacity of your fish pond from 3 to 10 fish by successfully finishing three quests.
- Quests– Catfish can be requested very randomly outside Pierre’s General Store in Spring or Fall and can get you rewards or even friendship points.
- Bugs– Willy can request for the catfish in a Fishing Help Wanted Quest during the winter.
Frequently asked questions
Q1- How rare are Catfish in Stardew Valley?
Catfish are less usual than other fish in Stardew Valley but can be found if one knows when and where to look for them.
Q2- Why are Catfish so hard to catch in Stardew Valley?
Catfish are hard to catch in Stardew Valley because fishing is affected there by the weather conditions. While Catfish can be found in certain places, it is only during particular seasons and weather that they can be caught.
Q3- What are the hardest fishes to catch Stardew Valley?
The Glacierfish is one of the hardest fish to catch in Stardew valley.