A media creation tool assists one to install Windows 10 files onto a flash drive. Although helpful, it has flaws. If you are here, you probably have faced them. So, in this guide we will answer some FAQ about the tool, and how to fix error code 0x80042405 – 0xa001A alongside error 0x80042405 0xa001a. Keep reading!
CAUSES OF WINDOWS MEDIA CREATION TOOL ERROR 0X80042405 – 0XA001A
The error code 0x80042405 – 0xa001a has various reasons starting from the disk kind of the USB to the Media creation device not working as expected. A portion of the few reasons are:
- The USB is not of type NTFS. NTFS document frameworks are specially intended for the Windows-just environment and on the off chance that you need the Media Creation Tool to work impeccably, it is ideal if you utilize an NTFS.
- There is a bug in the Media Creation Tool which consistently gives the blunder on the off chance that it is run from another drive instead of where it is to carry out its activities.
- There is not adequate room on your USB in which you are attempting to create media.
HOW DO YOU FIX MEDIA CREATION TOOL ERROR
As per users, this error message re-emerges over and over. Although we do not have a clue what triggers this issue, the workarounds recorded underneath will fix it in the blink of an eye. Before continuing, ensure that you are signed in as an Administrator on your PC.
METHOD 1: DOWNLOADING MEDIA CREATION TOOL STRAIGHTFORWARDLY TO THE USB
Technique 1: Downloading To USB Drive
The workaround which appeared to work each time when there was a problem running this tool 0x80042405 0xa001a, is to download the Media Creation Tool straightforwardly to the USB drive that you need to utilize a bootable gadget.
Ordinarily, you would download the apparatus to your nearby drive C and afterward dispatch the application and attempt to make a bootable drive. Here we will download it straightforwardly to the USB and run it from that point.
Peruse MediaCreationTool.exe. Finding it and afterward in the wake of choosing the source media, continue with the media creation. Ensure that you are running the executable as an overseer.
Technique 2: Downloading In Hard Drive
For duplicating the documents to the USB Drive after downloading them on our PC’s hard drive, we will:
- Download the media creation instrument to Local Drive C.
- Dispatch the application download the documents in the “C” drive
- Mount the “.iso” document which was downloaded by the media creation apparatus.
- Duplicate every one of the documents and envelopes in the Virtual DVD to the USB Drive which you need to set up as a Bootable USB aside from the “Autorun.inf” record.
- Right-click on the “Autorun.inf” document and select “Rename”.
- Change the name to “Autorun.txt” and press “Enter”.
- Duplicate this document to the USB drive also and rename it back to “Autorun.inf”.
Verify whether the issue endures.
METHOD 2: FORMATTING USB AS NTFS
Another workaround that functions admirably for certain clients is designing the objective USB as NTFS and afterward running the media creation device.
The justification for this bug is obscure is because there should not be an issue in creating media in a FAT32 design since the media creation device arranges the disk at any rate before the creation. We will utilize the inbuilt disk for arranging.
- Press Windows + E and snap-on This-PC present at the left route bar.
- Here your objective USB gadget will appear. Right-click it and select Format.
- A window will spring up asking you for every one of the extra details.
- Ensure that the configuration is set as NTFS and continue.
METHOD 3: USING DISK MANAGEMENT TO CHANGE OVER TO MBR
Windows Media Creation Tool necessitates that your USB drive is set as an MBR (Master Boot Record) rather than GPT (GUID Partition Table).
- Press Windows + R, type “diskpart” in the discourse box, and press Enter.
- Enter the order: list disk.
- Then enter the order: select disk x
- Here ‘X is the quantity of the circle which you need to make to a bootable media. One model is ‘select disk 0’.
- Presently we need to clean the drive appropriately before endeavoring to change it over to an MBR.
- Type: clean convert MBR
Lastly, check if the issue is resolved.
METHOD 4: USING WINDOWS 7 USB/DVD DOWNLOAD DEVICE
There was a problem running this tool on Windows? Well, it will resolve now. Like a media creation device, Microsoft additionally delivered Windows 7 USB/DVS download apparatus in Windows 7, to help individuals in making introduced media.
This device likewise nearly plays out a similar assignment as Media creation apparatus yet you should have the whole ISO document effectively present in your framework.
The Media Creation Tool gives you a little impetus where it can download the documents from Microsoft straightforwardly yet here you need to do the progression physically.
- Download the ISO document from Microsoft’s true site and store it in an open area.
- Download Windows 7 USB/DVD download instrument from Microsoft’s true site and introduce it on your PC.
- In the wake of introduction, run the application as a director.
- In the initial step, you will be approached to choose the ISO document which you need to make a bootable drive.
- Select the ISO which you just downloaded and proceed.
- Presently select the objective drive.
Adhere to the on-screen guidelines and you will make a bootable USB drive right away.
METHOD 5: USING RUFUS TO MAKE INSTALLATION MEDIA
Rufus is a utility that helps in designing and making bootable USB streak drives. It is a mainstream option in contrast to Windows Media Creation Tool.
It is quick and covers different angles, for example, blazing BIOS or dealing with a framework where no OS is introduced. Nonetheless, as in the past case, you need to have an ISO document previously downloaded on your PC.
You need to choose the ISO document first and afterward, the media creation interaction will continue, and ensure that you run the utility as an administrator. Practice either of these to resolve the issue of, “How do I fix error 0x8019019a? “, easily!
So, that is all we have on how to get rid of the error 0x80042405 0xa001a. We hope it answered your question “How do I fix media creation tool?” which was so repeatedly asked, and thereby helped you to solve it.
READ MORE: INSIGHT ON WHAT IS GC INVOKER UTILITY