Error code 80070103 which is also known as windowsupdate_80070103, is a very common issue that is faced by users having windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. The appearance of such a code should not be a matter of your major concern.
This error code generally occurs when you are updating the drivers on your computers via windows update. Many Windows users are nowadays have been reporting this issue. So, whenever you see code 80070103 on your screen, consider this as a warning message and start looking for some necessary corrective measures.
If you are looking forward to knowing more about Windows update code 80070103, below we have provided a step by step guide on how you can fix this error.
Table of Contents
- 1#) WHY DOES THE ERROR CODE 80070103 APPEAR?
- 2#) HOW TO FIX WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR CODE 80070103?
1#) WHY DOES THE ERROR CODE 80070103 APPEAR?
The code 80070103 doesn’t affect your computer’s operating system directly, unlike the other errors. This problem is itself related to the device drivers. This error code generally appears on the screen when you are updating drivers via Windows update. But the drivers you are updating, are already installed on your computer.
The error may also appear when you try to install a driver that has low compatibility with your operating system or computer. This means you are trying to install either driver meant for other Windows or an outdated driver on the computer. This may also happen if the driver you installed is not working on your PC as intended.
2#) HOW TO FIX WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR CODE 80070103?
There are some methods that can be applied to fix the error code 80070103 problem. These methods work universally with all the operating Windows i.e. Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. But keep in mind some steps might have different wordings depending upon the versions of your Windows.
Below going to attempt the steps given by us below, make sure that you have logged in with administrators right. Also, it is advised that you must consider a system backup, in case you are new to troubleshooting Windows errors.
1. METHOD 1- UPDATING DEVICE DRIVERS MANUALLY
To apply this method, first, you have to make sure that the drivers are updated and working properly. Since this Windows error issue is related directly to the device driver, you got to fix it manually. The drivers that are most likely to cause these errors are NVIDIA drivers. That is why we are going to take the example of NVIDIA driver in the following steps.
However, you can apply the following steps on other drivers also that are faulty on your computer.
- First of all, go to the manufacturer’s website in order to download the latest drivers. You can also search for the right website on Google. However, make sure to download the correct and latest version from a trustworthy source.
- After you have downloaded the driver on your computer, press the Windows + R keys on the keyboard.
- Now, in the Run dialogue box, you need to type devmgmt.MSC and then press the OK button.
- Now, look for the driver that you want to update by clicking on it once. For this method, we have select the NVIDIA display adapter driver.
- After the right click on the driver and click on the update option.
- Now select my browse computer option to look for the driver software.
- Navigate to where you have placed the driver on your computer and follow the instructions that appear on the screen to get the driver installed properly.
- Restart your PC when you have completed the installation process.
2. METHOD 2- HIDE UPDATE
Using this method you can prevent your Windows from the re-installation process of an already existing driver update. But it is important to note that by doing this, you will block all the driver’s updates and not just one.
- First of all you need to search for the control panel on your PC and launch the app.
- After that click on the system.
- On the left side, there must be a link that says Advanced system settings, click on that.
- Now switch to your Hardware tab.
- Now you need to click on the Device Installation Settings button.
- Select the No option.
- Then click on save settings.
- After all, restart your computer.
So, if you see the error code 80070103 on your computer, then worry not. We hope that the guide we provided to you may help you with Windows update failed 80070103. Try the above methods to fix this error and let us know if you have any queries regarding it.